house (Waldhorn's Antiques). French emigre architect Barthelemy
Lafon designed this storehouse about 1800 for Vincent
Rillieux, who sold it to the Planters Bank in 1811.
1820 and 1836 the Bank of the United States had offices
here. After the banking panic of 1837 the building was
sold to Dr. Paul Lacroix for $75,000. The delicate wrought
iron corner balcony has Spanish-style S-curved suport
The projecting bands at the second level articulate
the building with subtlety, providing shallow relief to
the flab fronts.